Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Review: Netflix's Narcos Series

I heard mixed reviews about Netflix's original show Narcos.  I've put off watching it until now.  With nothing else in my recording queue, I thought of streaming in a show.  My husband and I watched the first episode last night.  Today, we are almost finished with the first season.  It's as addictive as the cocaine that Pablo Escobar sells.  

The show is about Pablo (the famous drug dealer) and Murphy (the DEA agent who comes after him).  The story is told from both of these stars' perspectives.  Yes, Pablo is a monster.  But he doesn't start off that way.  And yes, our DEA agent Murphy is the hero, but he cuts a lot of corners.  The director flashes to the real Pablo, Murphy, and other cast of characters throughout the series.  I really like how the director finds ways to refresh our memories of what was going on in the '80s.  All in all, it's a fantastic show.  Much of it is spoken in Spanish, which was a major problem for my mother who hates to read subtitles.  I am used to it and will probably finish up all three seasons by Thursday.  If you like mobster movies, you'll love this show.  It's like The Godfather, only Columbia style.
5/5 Stars


No comments:

Review of Universal Studios and Fright Night

Last October, I went to Universal Studios (Hollywood) and Fright Night with my two young adult daughters. Below is a summary and review of t...