Thursday, August 3, 2017

Book Review: The Atlantis Code by Charles Brokaw

The Atlantis Code is an action/adventure/historical novel about a professor who is asked to identify an ancient language on a musical instrument found in Egypt for a TV show.  He meets the TV show host in Alexandria and then examines the artifact in question.  Before long, the ancient cymbal is stolen by a group of killers.  The chase begins.  The professor, the TV host, the camera man, and eventually a beautiful cop from Russia hunt for more musical instruments that have something to do with Atlantis.  They aren't the only ones looking for the instruments.  The Catholic Church has been digging in Cadiz, Spain.  Their crew found a network of caves that appear to be Atlantis.  A cardinal who leads a secret society has other ideas for all of these discoveries.

My Review: This book reminded me a great deal of Dan Brown.  Lots of history, lots of action, and not much character development.  I loved it.  Charles Brokaw made the list of my favorite authors.  I will be reading more of his work.  I really enjoyed the research he put into the novel as well as his imagination.  I liked how he incorporated Atlantis into modern archeology.  The characters were a little one dimensional, but so were Dan Brown's characters.  The story was too good to get hung up on all of their back-stories.  This book entertained and informed.  5/5 Stars.

No comments:

Review of Universal Studios and Fright Night

Last October, I went to Universal Studios (Hollywood) and Fright Night with my two young adult daughters. Below is a summary and review of t...